We create



For Pre-IB and IB Diploma including Subject choices and College Hostel

If you come directly from the Danish "Folkeskole" you have to submit the application form along with the standard application form on www.optagelse.dk

An interview with the student counsellor might be necessary before your admission to IB at EUC Syd.

When applying for the IB Diploma Programme you must read and accept the General Regulations. 

Who can apply?

Any student with 10 years of education, from Denmark or abroad can apply to Pre-IB.

If you have alredy finished 11 years of studying, you can start directly at 1 IB - given that your English language skills are sufficient.

What does it cost?

The tuition is free if you are a Nordic, EU or EEA citizen. It is also free when you come from any country - as long as you have a residence permit.Also, school books are available for free, on loan from the school. EUC Syd is a public school. 

For more information, please read here

What are the criteria?

As IB student at EUC Syd you are:

  • Very good at reading, writing and speaking English
  • Internationally minded and open to other cultures
  • Academically ambitious and has academic potential 
  • Has a residence permit

The school has nothing to do with your residence permit, which you must apply for and receive before entering EUC Syd. Please contact the Danish Immigration Authorities for help.

NB: Applicants from outside the EU must document at the time of application that they have already received the necessary residence permit to cover the two years of the diploma programme. Applications without such documentation in the form of a copy of the residence permit and a valid Danish CPR number will not be considered. EUC Syd does not help applicants with applications for residence.


At EUC Syd we have a policy for the IB school. It is a combination of our mission as a school, our language policy, academic honesty, assesment rules and rules of conduct. The policy also includes the IBO learner profile.

As a student you are expected to follow the rules stated in our School Policy.

SU - State Education Support (Statens Uddannelsesstøtte)

Every Dane over the age of 18 is entitled to public support for his or her further education.

There are no tuition fees at Danish educational institutions. The student support is granted by the State (in the form of State education grants and loans), and it is the only source of support of any importance. 

Normally you must be a citizen of Denmark to be entitled to SU. If you are a foreign citizen, however, you have the possibility of applying for equal status with Danish citizens and thus being approved to receive SU. 

Read more about SU on www.su.dk/ENGLISH

See a short film we have made in Danish about how to do (Go to > SU - Statens Uddannelsesstøtte).



Information Meetings every year in January.